Retreat!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

This is Bri, shamelessly plagiarizing Chloe's email ... mostly because no one's posted on the blog in a while and I'm sad, but also because it'll explain the new poll I've just added ...

A hoy hoy!
Chloe here, sitting in a Lathrop room eating chocolate and almonds, excited as hell to be returning to our wonderful nation Ferry*FuckYeah for my second year. I've been at Vassar this summer, romping around the Ecological Preserve as Keri Vancamp's research assitant, dodging ticks, snakes, and bats and hugging plenty of trees (to measure them of course!). This is all coming to a close, as I will be leaving this Friday. For yall that will be moving in early, I gave Vanessa Raditz the go ahead to pick up my farm share next tuesday, which I hope will be shared by all - Only one rule - none of it can go to waste!

I am also e-mailing you all to start thinking about some things coming up real soon. Mainly, the FERRY HAUS RETREAT! This is an event where we all get together, talk, eat, and do something fun. It's a time to talk about consensus, our goals for the Haus, and voice questions/concerns. It is also a time where we can get dressed up in costumes and go disco roller-blading (For example)! Last semester, we talked about scheduling this early, before people had plans so that we don't let it disappear into time, so I'm gonna start that up right now. This should happen in either the first or second weekend, so I will suggest the following dates:

Sunday, August 30th
Thursday evening, September 3rd
Friday, September 4th
Saturday, September 5th
Sunday, September 6th

This will only be on one date and only for a few hours. Hmmm, maybe everyone should get out their calenders and post the days and times they can and can't do retreat on the blog? I'm a little bit internet-challenged, so does anyone want to make a special section for posting RSVPs? Reply to all if you will do this/have ideas for what to do for the retreat/ have other ideas on how to organize. I hope this works!
excited to meet you all,
love,
Chloe

Bri here. Look to your left and answer Chloe's question, and soon we'll have a date! Hurray!

3 comments:

Grace said...

Well, let's see...I moved comments to a full page, so now we can do this. They just won't be embedded beneath posts, which makes it so you need to click to see... a little more effort, meh.

Briana said...

THANK YOU GRACE!

Nom Nom said...

YES THANKS GRACE.

Any day works for me if we choose soon.