Ranger Danger

Sunday, July 19, 2009



 Hey Ferry Friends--

I'm Alison. I'm a sophomore from Newton, Massachusetts. I'm spending my summer working at CVS ("Hi, thank you for calling CVS/Pharmacy Newtonville where the customer always comes first, this is Alison speaking, how may I help you?") This will be my second semester in Ferry. <3 

This past weekend I went on an adventure to Maine to take my sister on tours of colleges. Since one of our fun ferry friends, Cody, lives in Portland, my sister and I planned to stay there. To my delight, Bri (my roommate from last semester), chose the same exact weekend to visit!


What ensued was a magical weekend full of Ferry fun.


Pictured here is Bri, Cody, and I looking at beautiful Portland, Maine.




Add Image



Aren't we just soo adorable?

Cody showed us around the city and we went to an art supply store, the Art Mart, which sold sandwiches for $3.50 (best deal in town!).

On Saturday afternoon Cody had to work, so Bri, Emily (my sister), and I wandered around.  We decided that we wanted to find a nice beach, so my sister and I "followed the tingling of our breasts" (that's what we call it) and we drove around with Bri until we ran into the most beautiful state park beach ever. 

We talked to a beautiful park ranger (who we honorarily named Damien) and were mildy dismayed to learn that it cost $4.50 each to get in. He then said "That will be $9 please" and we awkwardly realized that he didn't see Bri in the backseat. I now have really bad karma for sneaking Bri into a state park. (I'm sorry Damien, please forgive me baby, I didn't mean to hurt you like that! I did you wrong, honey bear!). I guess Damien and I were never meant for each other. 

Anyways, this beach made my life.

I frolicked in the water and splashed around and floated. It was one of the most refreshing beach experiences that I've ever had. (One of my fears is being in water where I can't see or feel the bottom, so I kept on swimming out too far, freaking myself out, and coming back in.)




This is Bri with a real state park ranger behind her!



This is my sister and I. She's the one who looks like a model and has a runner's tan. I'm the one wearing my 10-year-old cousin's dress. Srsly. 

Anyhoo, I'm wicked tired from romping around Maine, and I think it's my bedtime. I want all of you Ferries to write posts so I can read them and smile!

xoxo

Alison







 

0 comments: