eat-in

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hey ferries,

So I just got back on sunday from the Real Food challenge Northeast training near Boston, and it was awesome. I'll tell all you guys about it in two days when I move in, but I just wanted to pose an idea on here for the record- some people were talking about how fairly early in september, people all across the county are holding eat-ins which are like picnics, potlucks or something of the sort to raise awareness about food-related issues. Vanessa and I both separately thought of the idea of Ferry hosting some kind of eat in, or really just having it ourselves and inviting whoever else wants to come. Since i'm the local food intern for the sustainability committee this year i'm going to be working with these issues a lot, and I thought it might be something other members of ferry house would be interested in doing. What do you guys think?

1 comments:

Grace said...

Sounds good--the eat-ins are in part, I think, in response to the National School Lunch Program (which sucks, I don't know if you guys had to eat Grade D ground beef like I did)...and are mostly taking place on Labor Day.

It's called Slow Food USA's "Time For Lunch" campaign. I'm totally down.
http://slowfoodaustin.org/?p=68