HI from HI

Thursday, July 16, 2009

So...I'm Grace, and I'm a rising Junior majoring in film. I'm from Springfield, Missouri (birthplace of Brad Pitt and Bob Barker!) but I'm currently in Honolulu, Hawai'i. (Birthplace--somewhat disputed--of our dear President!)

I'm one of three pre-production interns for Professor Kathleen Man's indie short, "Lychee Thieves." (http://lycheethieves.com) This means I'm basically just making a lot of tax Excel spreadsheets, calling a bunch of people about casting and housing, and stapling fliers to telephone poles in Chinatown. And then I fuckin' go swimming in the sea!!

I won't actually be on set when they start principal photography, because I'm flying back to New York on August 25th. That's right...I'm moving into Ferry early. I think I'm going to go camping for a few days. There's an ice cave in Ulster County I want to see.

<- So this is me, at the exact moment I accidentally murdered my cell phone in a rogue wave at the Halona Blowhole (I'm to the left of the wooden pole, barely visible as I cling on for dear life).

And this is me on the b-roll shoot last month (we had to get footage of the lychee fruit when it was ripe). I'm on the right, a disgruntled Sung Dynasty peasant from 900 AD.

I love set decoration, the Outing Club, Barnes and Noble (my second home; I never buy anything but my record is spending seven hours there in one day), and eating whole ripe tomatoes. I've discovered I really dislike long walks on the beach by moonlight, because sand is exhausting.

Bri's email got me really excited about life next year! Can't wait to (re)meet all you'uns soon.

peacegrace

0 comments: